Senior Backend Engineer
We are a team of experienced product, data science and engineering professionals on a mission:
- To revolutionize the foundational mechanisms of e-commerce growth and financing and
- To enhance communication between brands and people by reinforcing trustworthiness, empathy and ethics.
In a world of ever increasing privacy concerns, legislation, and technological advancements that disturbs personal connections between brands and people, we envision a future where people communicate with brands similarly to visiting the grocery next door with a grocer that knows you since you were a kid.
Product-wise we provide the best platform for revenue operations. We provide not just analytics, but actionable data bundled with state-of-the-art AI for web personalization and marketing automation, as well as best practices pre-configured, so our clients can leverage the platform and start growing from day 1.
In terms of technology – our core stack is built with NodeJS, and our big data layer is built on Elasticsearch. We use Spark to train our AI, and a very special layer to serve personalized recommenders and banners in real-time. We also have a client-facing interface built in React. We believe in code reviews and good test coverage.
We have a proven product that brings real and measurable value to our customers. We just raised a EUR 780,000 round led by local investors and business angels to take the product and the team to the next level.
If this sounds like something you’d want to be a part of, consider joining us – we’d be happy to meet!
What You’ll Do
- You will be one of the core dev team members, especially when it comes to backend work;
- You will participate in architectural discussions and deliver complex features across the stack;
- You will occasionally write frontend code and change existing plugins to support new features;
- We are strong believers in code reviews and writing tests, so you will do those too;
- We are lean and customer centric, so you will support our clients during the integration phase;
- You will have the opportunity to help shape the product, processes and culture at Releva.
What your day will look like:
40-50% working on new features
20% code reviews
20% customer onboarding work
10% standups, planning, etc.
In order to succeed in this role you must:
- Be proactive, able to adapt, grow and work in a fast-paced environment;
- have at least 4 years of experience with Node.js;
- have at least 3 years of experience with relational and NoSQL databases;
- have at least 2 years of Devops experience using Docker or Kubernetes;
- be well-organized and possess strong time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines;
- be a team player;
- Have fluent English;
It will be considered an advantage if you have previous experience with any of the following technologies:
Culture, benefits, and working environment:
- We are a young team of proactive and ambitious persons working in a very dynamic environment;
- As one of the first employees in the company, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the founding team and gain first-hand knowledge of what it means to run a fast-growing startup;
- You will have a rare opportunity to work on a global product with real time responses, 99.99 uptime, big data aggregations, globally scalable AI;
- We understand the importance of good teamplay so you can count on our support in your work;
- You will be rewarded fairly by sharing in the company’s success (we offer stock options to key employees);
- Your future role may evolve into a technical, product, or leadership role depending on your interests. We are growing quickly so you will have the chance to take your career in the direction you wish;
- You’ll be working fully remotely;
- Full time job with flexible working hours aligned with the team;
- 25 days of paid leave
In case you would like to understand more about the company and the position, attach your CV in the form below and we will contact you for the meeting.